Friday 23 September 2011

“If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you.” That’s what the councillor said today and yes, I agree. But how am I supposed to impose my own terms when Rhys is imposing them for me? I’m trying really hard to put on a brave front and block everything out, but now he’s back it’s never going to go away. Each day I’ll be reliving the memories and it’s draining everything out of me. Every smile. Every laugh. Every emotion.
We had 3 encounters with him today and each time I could practically feel the heat radiating from Rhys’ body. He doesn’t understand that all I want is to block Gilly out completely and I can’t do that if Rhys lets his anger take control of him and causes a scene. The councillor said to ignore him; she made it sound so simple. But when Rhys kicks off and brings up that night; I feel his breath against my neck and his words around my ears – I can’t escape that, no matter how bulletproof I am.
I won’t let him win though, that’s the last thing I’ll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment